My HG BB cream that I have used for the past 5 months and I am on my second bottle. This product is the Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream. I honestly never heard of Ginvera before, the reason how I came across this product was because it was featured on Marie Claire website as they did a post about BB creams. I saw it and I thought I go and do a bit of research on this product. Nowadays I tend to research on a product solid for a good few days till I purchase it, as after my stint of suffering an allergic reaction to my face, got to be careful.
So let me talk to you about Ginvera. It is a brand from Singapore that was established 20 years ago in 1985 by Founder, Dr Tor Lam Haut and their Green Tea Whitening range is very popular in the Asian market. The major bonus of this product is that it is available to purchase in the UK from Janiro (online) and Harvey Nichols.
Janiro website states: This BB cream is enriched with premium Green Tea, Ginseng, Chinese Angelica and Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea Nude Cover BB cream provides the benefits of blemish free concealing, sun block effects, whitening, moisturising and reduction of lines, providing a long lasting smooth and ultra light feel to nourish and perfect your skin.
The product boasts the following benefits:
- Revitalizes skin with Green Tea Extract to nourish skin and protect complexion against free radical damage and helps prevent the formation of dark spots.
- Allantoin, Ginseng and Angelica to encourage cell renewal and revitalize skin, resulting in visibly fairer and more radiant skin
- Formulated with SPF 30/PA++ to protect the skin from damage caused by UV rays, preventing premature ageing, wrinkles and fine lines
- Light velvety non greasy texture, creates a flawless radiant finish that conceals imperfections, enlarged pores and evens out the skin tone.
- Provides natural and flawless coverage for a long lasting matte finish
- Specially formulated with a nano fine texture to allow easy spreading and application, resulting a more natural look
- Infused with Hyaluronic Acid to provide all day hydration for soft, supple skin
What I think: The product has a liquid consistency (which I love!). I find it easy to apply and easy to blend. It also left a nice dewy finish – not too matte and not too wet, and it didn’t cling onto any dry patches that I have in the areas where I use acne spot treatments (as they tend to dry out my skin).
The coverage is a light-medium but build-able. I don’t like wearing full coverage, because honestly I’m not too fussed if people can see my acne scars or my spots as I like to let my skin breath and not mask it with foundation/bb cream so much that it looks like I have a different face. However don’t get me wrong this BB cream does conceal blemishes and redness as it gives me a even skin tone finish. You can if you want go over the blemishes with a concealer if you want to give a more higher coverage on the blemishes.
The colour, which for some people will find it either too light or too dark as it is the standard one colour universal shade. Luckily for me it blends like a dream with my skin tone. This is one of the reason why I will only use Asian BB creams, whether its a product that has different colour shades or one colour shade I know I will find a product I can use.
For a BB cream it is on the pricey side of £18 for 25ML or £26 for 40ML in comparison to Western BB cream from drugstores where you can pick up one for under £10. But honestly it is worth the splurge. If you are little hesitant to splash out on a full size bottle, you can always buy a sample size from Janiro to test.
Ginvera BB Cream costs from £18 and can be brought online from Janiro.
Have you tried Ginvera products before? What do you think about the Ginvera BB Cream?