Carrying on with my ‘5 Things’ series, today I bring you a fashion post. The 5 bucket bags you need. I love bucket bags. They are my new obsession. I currently own one, which is the Michael Kors Jules Duffle Bag, but with this bag I cannot wear it across the body and i want one that I can. So here are my top 5:
1. Sophie Hulme Small Leather Bucket Bag – £595 | I’m usually either a classic black or a gorgeous tan coloured handbag girl. However I think this colour red and gold detailing goes exceptionally well. This label was first featured in ‘The Luxury Handbag Wish List‘ edit, where I loved the Mini Box Tote and the Bucket Bag is no exception. I like that it has a top handle you can carry on your arm, if you fancy a switch up and the detachable/adjustable shoulder strap is long enough for you to wear the bag across the body.
2. Michael Kors Miranda Large Bucket Bag – £655 | Michael Kors known for its affordable designer handbags, have brought out another classic handbag. A lot more expensive compared to the Jules Bag, but the Miranda Bag is part of the Michael Kors Collection which is the expensive range than the Michael Michael Kors Collection, which is what Jules Bag is part of. The Miranda comes in a lot of variety of colours, but I think classic black is the best colour to go with. I love the black and gold detailing, the small logo print, and like the Sophie Hulme bag you can wear this on the shoulder or across the shoulder.
3. H&M Bucket Bag in Powder Beige – £19.99 | High street brands are great for bringing out their own version of the trending bags but without the hefty price tag. If you don’t want to spend £100+ on a bag, then this H&M is perfect for you. It comes in two colours Powder Beige and Black and despite the black having gold detailing, one this rare occasion I prefer the Powder Beige. The bag is teamed up with rose gold detailing and an additional zipped purse inside the bag. The only downside to the product (for me) is that you cannot wear it across the body.
4. Mansur Gavriel Bucket Bag in Flamma – £395 | I don’t even know why I even bother adding this bag, as it is always SOLD OUT. GOD DAMN IT. Like I mentioned before in ‘The Luxury Handbag Wish List‘ edit, Mansur Gavriel handbags are the most sought after handbags ever, and there no surprise why since the bags are (in my opinion) very reasonably priced. There are three versions of the bucket bag: Bucket Bag, Mini Bucket Bag and Mini Mini. I never noticed the Mini Mini one, I can imagine it to be very cute and dainty when worn. I’m going to NYC (hopefully) in September, I will hunt high and low for this bag.
5. Grafea Duffle Bucket Bag in Tan – £120 | Grafea are a UK brand selling 100% leather bags, in the form of Backpacks, Camera Bags, Satchels, Saddle Bags and now Bucket Bags. Prices are on par with Cambridge Satchel Company and Zatchels, I first heard of Grafea, whilst browsing online at Ubran Outfitters and I saw their backpacks on sale for £70. I knew I had to buy it. The one I brought is no longer available, but it was one of the best purchases ever.
Now the bucket bag featured in the photo, I’m not sure if it is exclusive to ASOS only, as you cannot buy this style online at Grafea. The ones you can buy from them are not my cup of tea. Not too keen on the pom pom drawstrings or the logo at the front of the bag. But the tan version available on ASOS (which is now SOLD OUT), is perfect. I love the colour and finish, I like the option of carrying it by the top handle or wearing it via the detachable/adjustable shoulder strap! Another bonus is that you can wear it across the body. The only downside to this bag is that the inside is not lined. Like my backpack, you will find if you have books or anything material wise inside you bag it will catch onto the leather. The black version is still available to purchase on ASOS, but you better be quick its low in stock!
Don’t forget to check out the ‘5 Makeup Products You Definitely Need‘ post.
What are your thoughts of the Bucket Bags? Which one is your favourite?