32 to more sleeps and its Christmas! Are you ready?! I still can’t believe how quick this year has gone. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun!
Christmas is always the best excuse to decorate the house with new Christmas decorations. I mean if I had my own way, I would have a different Christmas theme each year in my house. Sadly my mum isn’t a very Christmassey decoration person.
I was asked by House of Fraser to come up with a mood board based on a theme showcasing the different Christmas decor styles. At first, I thought this shouldn’t be a problem, but choosing a theme was hard, there was so many options. Do I go for Rustic? Country Living? Traditional? Romantic? In the end, I made a choice and went for Scandinavian.
Who doesn’t love Nordic designs in their house? Whether its the cosy look, use of rugs, big pillows or the use of grey, black and wood theme, you just can’t get enough of the Scandinavian look. So if you need some Christmas decor inspiration for your home this year, then you’ve come to the right place. Hopefully this mood board will give you some ideas of how you can make your house Christmas ready.
1. Wooden Reindeer (£29.99) – Zara
2. Geo Mirrored Objects (from £39.00) – West Elm
3. Snowdrift Penguin Soft Hanger (£4.00) – John Lewis
4. Birdhouse Hanging Decoration (£4.00) – Ikea
5. Fiona Walker Felt Hanging Robin Decoration (£5.00) – John Lewis
6. Linea 7ft Pre Lit Flocked Whistler Tree (£210.00) – House of Fraser
7. Deer Tea Towel (Set of 2) (£9.99) – Zara Home
8. Etch Wood Tea Light Holder Steel (£40.00) – Tom Dixon
9. Fortnum’s Woodland Frost Crackers (£65.00) – Fortnum & Mason
10. Dark Grey Linen Tablecloth (£29.99) – H&M Home
11. Silver Porcelain Plate (£9.99) – H&M Home
12. Jo Malone Pine & Eucalyptus Candle (£40.00) – Selfridges & Co
13. Tis The Season Cushion (£20.00) – John Lewis
14. Grey Snowflake Throw (£69.00) – John Lewis
15. Snowdrift Snowbud Wreath With Stars (£30.00) – John Lewis
16. Seletti Neon Font Wall Light Heart (£49.00) – Heals
Narrowing it down to 16 items was really tough, considering there was so many decorations I could of used to create my Scandinavian Christmas look. But its safe to say for the whole Christmas look to work in your house, choosing the right Christmas tree is critical.
I love the Linea tree, I picked from House of Fraser, as I loved the fact it’s been crafted with white snowy flocking to create a magical touch and it sure will add a sparkle to any room setting this Christmas.
If you still haven’t brought a Christmas tree, then head over to House of Fraser, who has a great range of electric Christmas trees that will suit your needs.
Mood board was created by Janet Luu. Janet Luu is an Interior and Furniture Designer based in Dubai.
What did you think of my Scandinavian Christmas mood board?